tried to install windows xp home ovr windows xp pr
Posted 02 March 2005 - 05:11 PM
Posted 02 March 2005 - 10:01 PM
Formatting your Harddrive:
Perform a clean install of Windows XP
A clean installation refers to removing all data from your hard disk by repartitioning and reformatting your hard disk and reinstalling the operating system and programs to an empty (clean) hard disk. You should back up all important information before you perform a clean installation of Windows XP.
For additional information about important things to consider before you partition and format you hard disk and how to partition and format your hard disk by using the Windows XP Setup program, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
313348 How to partition and format a hard disk in Windows XP
After you have backed up all your important information, follow these steps to install Windows XP:1. Start your computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM. To do this, insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into your CD drive or DVD drive, and then restart your computer.
2. When you see the "Press any key to boot from CD" message, press any key to start the computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM.
3. At the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to start Windows XP Setup.
4. Read the End-User License Agreement, and then press F8.
5. Follow the instructions on the screen to select and format a partition where you want to install Windows XP.
6. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Windows XP Setup.
Make sure you have all the disc for your computer, after install you may have to install drivers for Sound, Monitor, Modem, Etc. By following these steps, it will remove the XP PRO and install XP Home. I suggest you do some reading on this before attempting the formatting and installation of XP. This is another excellent reading site with lots of info.
Hope this Helps You,
Posted 03 March 2005 - 08:25 AM
Posted 03 March 2005 - 06:29 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users