Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't get rid of Dell Support

• Please log in to reply

Rebochan

Rebochan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I realize this is rare, but after my laptop froze in the middle of a Windows update and had to be manually reset, NotifyAlert.exe started giving me a bug message and my laptop has been crashing constantly minutes after loading, and far too fast for me to even bring up Control Panel to uninstall via Add/Remove Programs. I found in one of my dozens of searches that the Dell Support can actually crash computers during Windows Updates, and all my subsequent clean boots with everything else disabled (Norton, AIM, etc.) continue to crash. I cannot seem to disable this program on start-up via msconfig. My computer can now only run in safe mode, and I can't remove Dell Support in Safe Mode because it needs the Windows Installer Service active. Naturally, the Windows Installer Service is not active in Safe Mode and the modes that will run it crash.

I need to know how to manually remove Dell Support. I've tried delting the file directories, deleting registration keys, to no avail. As of now, I have a $1200 paper weight. Dell Customer Service is naturally blowing me off. I'm at my wit's end.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
You might want to take your hard drive out and put it in another computer and go from there. I all so have a dell that is driveing me mad.