Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Spyblaster

• Please log in to reply

becham

becham

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Having problems with Splyblaster popping up everytime I try to use the internet. You guys have helped me in the past to clean my computer and I would really appreciate your help if possible this time. Below is my HiJack log. Thanking you again in advance.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:34:30 AM, on 4/21/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\slserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\Tmntsrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Virtual CD v4 SDK\system\vcssecs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe
C:\Program Files\Virtual CD v4 SDK\system\vcsplay.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PccGuide.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
c:\progra~1\intern~1\iexplore.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~1\bin\IMApp.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Clark\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: ST - {9394EDE7-C8B5-483E-8773-474BF36AF6E4} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\ST\01.03.0000.1005\en-xu\stmain.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VCSPlayer] "C:\Program Files\Virtual CD v4 SDK\system\vcsplay.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [1thunkload32] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\holemode1thunk\MediaAdmin.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://spaces.msn.co...ad/MsnPUpld.cab
O18 - Protocol: CDS300 - {AD43AA67-6860-4531-AC8A-0E68F9CF023E} - D:\Player\__CDS2.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (PcCtlCom) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: SmartLinkService (SLService) - - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\slserv.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Real-time Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\Tmntsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (TmPfw) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe
O23 - Service: Virtual CD v4 Security service (SDK - Version) (VCSSecS) - H+H Software GmbH - C:\Program Files\Virtual CD v4 SDK\system\vcssecs.exe

Advertisements

becham

becham

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Sorry - it is actually SpyBouncer not Spy blaster. Thanks.

Vikesrock8411

Vikesrock8411

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks To Go.

My name is Kevin and I will be helping you resolve your problem.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread so that you are notified when you receive a reply. To do this click Options, then Track this topic.

Please be patient with me during this time.

Vikesrock8411

Vikesrock8411

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
Please print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions.

Downloads(make sure to save these in a permanent location)
Cleanup!- Install it. You will use this later.

*NOTE* Cleanup deletes EVERYTHING out of temporary folders and does not make backups.

Next, please reboot your computer in SafeMode by doing the following:
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
Click > Start > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs and uninstall the following programs:
Spybouncer
Messenger Plus - this program contains a 'sponsor' program. If you installed this 'sponsor' program or are unsure if you installed the sponsor program, please uninstall Messenger Plus and reinstall it back but without the sponsor.

HijackThis!
Open Hijack This and click on Scan. Check the following entries (make sure you do not miss any)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [1thunkload32] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\holemode1thunk\MediaAdmin.exe
Please remember to close all other windows, including browsers then click Fix checked.

File and Folder Deletions
Delete the following Files indicated in RED and Folders indicated in BLUE if they still exist.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\holemode1thunk

Click on the Start button & select Run
Type in tasks & click Ok
In the ensuing window, click on the 'Advanced' menu (located above) & select 'View Hidden Tasks'
Review all the tasks/jobs at hand. You should be able to recognise jobs that you have created yourself.
Delete hidden jobs that look like these:
  • A034B7FF91BB36BB.job
    A06F1FEF91A49933.job
    A2C3205A93B8CDFA.job
    A36F645091B91BF0.job
    A42C6F7190EFE559.job
You can recognise them by the fact that they're hidden & have names that consist of 16 random letters.

Reboot your system in Normal Mode

Online Scans
Perform an online scan with Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan
** click on "Free use ActiveScan" located on the top right hand corner
  • Click Scan your PC & a 'pop up' window shall appear. *ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it
  • Click Scan Now
  • Enter your e-mail address & click Scan Now ...begins downloading 8 MB Panda's ActiveX controls
Begin the scan by selecting My Computer
  • If it finds any malware, it may ask you to purchase the program, this is not necessary we will take care of the entries manually.
  • At the end of the scan click on see report. Then click Save report
Please post that log in your next reply.

In your next post please include:
  • Panda Activescan Log
  • A new Hijackthis! Log