Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best mouse

• Please log in to reply

FuM

FuM

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
Whats the best mouse and why. For gaming that is.

Advertisements

Patchandcrew

Patchandcrew

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I find the tiny Elecom mouse the best, personally.
Couple of reasons why it suits me :

I am right arm disabled so I have to wear a wrist brace all the time which makes a larger [ normal sized ] mouse very uncomfortable and cumbersom to move around, especially quickly, for game play.

Its a light rather than a roller ball, so it does`nt need cleaning like a roller ball, and does`nt `stick` [ very important when controlling a game play :blink: ]

It works on pretty much any surface and does`nt pick up `bits` [ pet hairs especially :whistling: ].

Its much smoother than a roller ball type mouse.

Being so small, its easier to maneuver than a larger [ normal ] sized mouse of any type [ for me anyway ] and is far more responsive and precise than a roller ball type.

Downside - they are a bit pricey [ £25 - ish ] but the ease of use definately makes up for it, for me anyway :help:

FuM

FuM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
Great exprience thank you for sharing mate but im looking more to the optical and laser zone and my price range is only 50-70 usd but i might get one of those mice you have mentioned to try it out at a lan party some time sounds really good how you explain it.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I love my diamondback, there is a new copperhead but the only big difference is the 2000dpi over 1600dpi max of the diamondback but you dont need 2000dpi thats just a bit overkill, other than that very similar 7 fully programable buttons so you can assign them keys or full macros really easy. on the fly adjustment which works very well. Very comfortable and a good size, large grip coated mouse buttons are sensitive but not to sensitive, teflon coated feet for great movement, i got it with the aluminium exactmat which makes it better has a smoot "speed" side which makes it move very nice, and a rougher "control" side which is better for more intricate and everyday use.

Its a great mouse i love it, and its the best looking mouse bar none.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I'm gonna have to say go right for the Logitech MX518 Gaming Grade Optical Mouse. With three (or up to five) adjustable in-game (out-of) sensitivity levels, you can always find the one that fits you. Glides really well without a mouse pad, the thing is comfortable as all get out (unless your a south paw, because it is most definantly a right-handed mouse). Buttons are easy to use/access and it includes two side buttons as well as an app switching button on the middle (which is a little hard to reach, but I don't switch that much, so no matter).

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16826104178 (the picture made me think it was lumpy but that's just the paint job :whistling: )

If you want to go a little higher get either the Diamondback (but I've heard complaints of it being uncomfortable so I don't know) or the Logitech G5 Laser mouse.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16826104191

}BP{

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The diamondback can be a bit akward at first but thats because of the way many people hold their mouse you really just rest your palm on a diamondback so you dont grip it as much which makes it esaier to use once you are used to it.

The diamond backs are slightly right handed but its also cmofortable and usable with the left, it might actually be slightly more comfortable left handed.

UNC

UNC

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

The diamondback can be a bit akward at first but thats because of the way many people hold their mouse you really just rest your palm on a diamondback so you dont grip it as much which makes it esaier to use once you are used to it.

The diamond backs are slightly right handed but its also cmofortable and usable with the left, it might actually be slightly more comfortable left handed.

The logitech G5 is the best mouse i have ever used.

JourneyMan

JourneyMan

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
I like my 5 button optical Lexington. Most comfortable mouse ever. You don't grip it, you rest your hand on it, which once you get used to it, really improves your pointer persicion. Makes 10 hours of CS:S easier on the hands :whistling:

Its 800dpi, but when you realy get down to it, there's not much accual difference between 800 or 1200 or 2000.

FuM

FuM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
ive got the G5 just because i always wanted to get the G7 but i wanted to keep wired so yeah WOOT G5

The Colonel

The Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Mx518 FTW. Good feel, good DPI, survives being thrown against walls.