Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Page file

• Please log in to reply

kerazoe

kerazoe

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My computer is always at 100% cpu usage when I play games and it lags a lot so I read this guide Tweak #13: The Page File/Virtual memory
and it told me that I could take 2GB-your ocmputers ram and you could use that as pagefile amount and my computer is only 128mb ram so if i did that I would have 1872mb of page file :whistling: just wondering if that was ok amount or watever...

Advertisements

lorothrigs

lorothrigs

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Uhm, I really don't suggest you do that. I actually suggest you get more RAM, an extra 512 or 1 GB really isn't that expensive.

kerazoe

kerazoe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok

SacKings384

SacKings384

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
What games even allow you to move with only 128 MB of ram? I would suggest getting a new computer. Upgrading on a computer that came with only 128 MB of ram is going to cost you more in the long run than just buying a computer (if you want to play games that is)

neverborn

neverborn

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
better set your pagefile to 'System Managed'. Keep it that way even if you do get more RAM. :whistling: