Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Practicing the software and server side of networking

• Please log in to reply

Kestri

Kestri

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am curious if anyone has any advice on how I can practice the server or software side of networking without reading bulky books or getting stuck scrolling through hundreds of lines of code in a text file trying to get something like a game server to work. I'm sick of trying to disect text files and feeling like an idiot after I can't get anything to work (mainly the reason why I barely use Linux). Are there any easier projects with tutorials on the web that don't require reading a billion pages or mastering a million protocols. I've played around with configuring Cisco routers and switches so I have a good understanding of hardware, but I still haven't done much with servers and software other than play around with VMware and VNC. If anyone has any suggestions or links to tutorials I would greatly appreciate it. It would mean a lot to me.

Thanks,
Jerry

Advertisements