Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Mouse [Resolved]

• Please log in to reply

AMD 2400

AMD 2400

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Alright so before my psu and mobo went out on me my wireless mouse worked just fine, windows xp didnt have a problem detecting it, then I installed the drivers for the extra feartures of it.
with my new mobo its not being detected

I turn off my computer, plug it in to the ps/2 port and turn on computer, I get nothing
so I tried using it in all 6 of the usb ports and same thing
I reset the mouse and the part that plugs into the usb and tried different batteries, same thing.. nothing

I also tried installing the drivers first to see if it would do anything but it didn't help. There uninstalled right now.

I'm not sure what else to do.
I know my ps/2 port works since im using a corded mouse now and I know my usb ports work cause i plugged in a webcam and it was detected right away, and I'm wireless net plugged into the usb.

btw the mouse is a logitech cordless click

thanks for any help

Edited by AMD 2400, 21 April 2006 - 02:54 PM.

Advertisements

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
So you installed a new motherboard, that also means you reinstalled XP right ??

Did you run all the updates with windows updates?
Are you sure the reciever didnt get fried when ur PSU went out ?

Try using the wireless mouse on another computer first, so we rule out that problem.

Exactly what model of mouse is it? I have the MX1000 and love it.. Never had any probs with mine..

I'll be watching for ur reply.

AMD 2400

AMD 2400

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Yes i reinstalled xp

i dont have all of the updates yet

i will go test the mouse on another computer right now

not sure of exact model all i can find on the box is cordless click

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Ok, so yes, go do the test, and I'd really like it if you finished the updates. Never know, some special drivers may have been added onto XP after the release of even SP2. Updates are always the place to start... With windows, anyways :whistling:

AMD 2400

AMD 2400

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
ok well my mom isnt sure if she has all the updates either but it didnt detect it in the usb
we didnt restart the computer but you shouldnt have to with it in the usb right?

well i will start downloading all the updates right now

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Did you install the drivers that came with the mouse on your mother's computer ?

With normal mice I wouldnt say this, but wireless are alot more special, I wouldnt declare it dead if you didnt install it's drivers.

AMD 2400

AMD 2400

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
no i didnt install the drivers first
ill go install them

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
( and in reference to the USB question you asked earlyer )

You are entirely right, with USB, in 99% of times a reboot isn't required. USB was created with exactly that goal, beside the main goal of making all ports in a computer the same and interchangable.

Anyways, get those updates, test on your mother's computer, let me know what happens. For now however, it's 1 AM here and I have school tomorrow 'get up at 6, so I'm going to bed :whistling:

Good luck.

AMD 2400

AMD 2400

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
I will let you know what happens
i cant restart my moms comp right now until she is done so the drivers work
im gettin all the updates still trying to get everything i can

AMD 2400

AMD 2400

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
it didnt work on my moms computer
and i have every update, even the optional ones
installed the software for the mouse
and it still doesnt work

at this point im going to pretty much assume the transmiter was fried when the psu went

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Yeah, im afraid that's my conclusion as well. You'll also want to check every port on ur USB to be absolutely sure they still work ( although I think you did that already with ur webcam? )

After plugging the mouse and installing the software, did you reboot at any point? Aside from a fried reciever, that's the only other thing I can think of at this point.

AMD 2400

AMD 2400

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Yes i rebooted after i installed the drivers for the mouse

oh well... ill go pick up another one some time, see if i can get the same one and have duel wireless mouse action lol

this corded ball mouse is bummin me out

thanks for your help

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
No probs, its just sad ur reciever's gone. I know man, once you go wireless for the mouse u never want to go back :whistling: