Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ACDSEE hung apps (error1022) Update 30 June

• Please log in to reply

Lorcan

Lorcan

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I found that my firewall had the AcsSee site blocked and that caused all kinda problems with the application trying to access the AcdSee in Touch server. I unblocked the site from the firewall. The software re-install left me with the same app hung problem. I can only conclude that the database was damaged in some irretrivable way. I bought AcdSee 8.0 and all is ok with that. Thanks to all the guys who tried to dig me out of this. Lorcan

Edited by Lorcan, 30 June 2006 - 10:16 AM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Lorcan,

I've been absent for a couple of weeks and am just now catching up with old threads I was watching. I note that Malware yielded nothing of note.

Did you resolve this issue or does it still continue?

Lorcan

Lorcan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Lorcan,

I've been absent for a couple of weeks and am just now catching up with old threads I was watching. I note that Malware yielded nothing of note.

Did you resolve this issue or does it still continue?

:whistling:
Hi Gerry,

No never resolved the issue with hungapp with acdsee. Upgraded my memory on Pc but no luck. The acdsee site has been down for months now. Saw one suggestion that the error may be due to the application trying to connect to the acdsee site (updates etc) but cannot do so as the site is down. That makes sense on one level as loads of guys are getting the problem at the same time. Using Spock logic I think if all other causes are elimated and one crazy option remains then that option is the one. what do you think.
Thanks,
Lorcan

Edited by Lorcan, 29 May 2006 - 06:08 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Site is there now, though you need to log in

https://www.acdsee.c...ror=notloggedin

I downloaded the trial of ACDSEE Photo Manager 8 in case the site goes away again, let me know if you need the file and I will upload it for you