Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

restart computer

• Please log in to reply

victor mizrahi

victor mizrahi

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hey this isnt such a serious problem but im not sure if this is normal so here it goes. Everytime i restart my computer when the screen reaches th desktop the screen turns black for about 2-3 seconds and then it goes back to the regualr desktop. This just started happening recently out of nowhere is this a serious problem? please get back to me Thanks!

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
no, not normal.

Could be a monitor or video card about to go on the fritz, but it could also be a buggy videodriver.

I would start by installing the latest videodriver for your videocard and see if that smooths it out

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Also, check your physical connections of your monitor to the vid card and to the power outlet. Just wanna rule out connectvity problems.
-P.