Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HP PSC 1510 Printer Failed to Install - Computer doesn't detect co

• Please log in to reply

chicagochicklett

chicagochicklett

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
I just bought an HP PSC 1510 All in One printer, scanner, copier. I went to install it, and the installation never completed because when I plugged the USB cable into the printer adn my computer, I got two error messages, one for each "new hardware" message that popped up:

"Error occurred during installation. Class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this device."

then: "Error 1711 The Sysytem Cannot Find or Install the File Specified."

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a dozen times. Still no luck. The only time it successfully detects the printer as connected is when the USB cable is not attached to anything!

Under Device Manager, there is a yellow exclamation point next to PSC 1500 Series under "Imaging Devices." When I click its properties it says: "The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28)."

I tried to hook up my old printer which I had just disconnected right before I tried installing the new one, and I get a similar message from the Dell installation (My computer is WinXP Dell, old printer is Dell, new printer is HP). It can't detect that printer as connected either.

I've called HP Support which hasn't helped.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. I found lost of information on hp's web site about this device. See if you cna find an answer there:
http://www.shopping....ame=product.cgi

chicagochicklett

chicagochicklett

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
No, i Have been all through HP's support for this printer and on the phone -- it is not a problem with the printer. It has something to do with my computer because when I tried to reconnect my old Dell printer, my computer didn't recognize the connection and the driver.

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
Try downloading the driver from the HP site. They may have updated it since the CD version you have came out. The download page is here.Make sure you have the exact model number since there are a lot of variations to this printer family.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
It is possible that M$ security update did it. Take a look at this from M$:
http://support.micro...kb/918165/en-us