Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mozilla Thunderbird

• Please log in to reply

Darrenkook

Darrenkook

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I have M/T on my work PC. When I am at home using Thunderbird I have no problems sending or receiving mail. At work, I can recieve mail, but cannot send mail. I get an error saying to check my STMP server settings. Obviously something with my work network is not allowing me to send mail out. I have turned off my firewall, turned off my Antivirus..and still nothing....But like I said it works fine at home. Has anyone had experience with this problem..and is there an answer?? I can always use my web based mail, but that defeats the purpose of Having Thunderbird and all of the options that go with it...Any help would be appreciated. It's not really a problem, just has been bugging me..have searched everywhere I can think of and can't find any info on this..Thanks in advance!!

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
What the problem sounds like is that at home you have a certain outgoing SMTP (like mine is smtp.comcast.net) and unless you work at home, you probably have a different outgoing service at your workplace.

After finding out what that is, go to Tools --> Outgoing Server (SMTP) --> Click Add and type in the offices outgoing server address.

Try that and post back. :whistling:

Darrenkook

Darrenkook

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

What the problem sounds like is that at home you have a certain outgoing SMTP (like mine is smtp.comcast.net) and unless you work at home, you probably have a different outgoing service at your workplace.

After finding out what that is, go to Tools --> Outgoing Server (SMTP) --> Click Add and type in the offices outgoing server address.

Try that and post back. :whistling:

Thanks!! I think you are right on the Money!! I'll have to check on Monday when I go back to work and I'll let you know if it worked..Thanks again!!

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
No problem! Post back if it worked...or didn't.

:whistling:

Darrenkook

Darrenkook

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

No problem! Post back if it worked...or didn't.

:whistling:

Thanks so much...I was going nuts because it always worked until a few months ago. Searched and found they blocked all ISP mail servers for outgoing. Did find one that I could use here and it's working fine!! Thanks again!