Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mac OSX Tiger Kernel Panic

• Please log in to reply

Jiedash

Jiedash

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So I know you guys are gonna kill me for this but I have too much media on my compuer and the hard drive no longer has enough memory to boot OSX. I've called applecare and the guy dirrected me to boot with Unix and I tried repairing the system as the guy said but it didn't work. So right now, all I can get to is the Kernel panic screen that tells me to reboot my computer. I've tried booting with Unix again so I can use unix to delete certain files, but it keeps on saying panic (we're hanging here). I'd find it funny that they programmed that if my comp wasn't dead. Anyways, I really don't feel like buying a firewire to firewire cable or going into a computer repair center so what can I do right now? I really don't want to wipe the computer of all data (I've got a lot of important documents on there) and is there any way i can get the powerbook to boot short of accessing the files from another Mac through firewire to firewire? Thanks a lot.

Advertisements