Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Brand of Motherboard

• Please log in to reply

Marty L Mayes

Marty L Mayes

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Yes I was wanting to see if you guys,might know who makes HP motherboards,ASUS or someone else.I cant seem to find out.Or do the make their own brand.

O and the computer is a HPPavillion,m7300e series Media Center Tv PC...

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
01 – Mary L Mayes – HP Motherboard Manufacturer
22nd April 2006

Welcome to – Geeks to Go –

Yes I was wanting to see if you guys,might know who makes HP motherboards,ASUS or someone else.I cant seem to find out.Or do the make their own brand.

Probably Intel – but you can download Everest and run this program to review your PC – It will give Manufacturer – Links – Advice – BIOS Type – Chipset Manufacturer – OS and Service Pack info – It will give Temperatures – Fan Speed – Voltages – it will do everything but serve you coffee !!

http://www.filehippo...d_everest_home/

Jack123

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
On walmart and other H-P puters.

The motherboard manufacturer can be identified by viewing the third digit in the PC's serial number. In the following example, the letter S represents the third digit: CC SYWWZZ

Trigem motherboard: PC serial number's third digit is a C.
ASUS motherboard: PC serial number's third digit is a K.

Heres a list of motherboard makers that OEM's use.

http://www.hardwares...ers_motherboard

SRX660