Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Home network Setup

• Please log in to reply

Electronics God

Electronics God

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Network Parts:
DI-524 Wireless Router 54Mb/s
Server Computer (Not Wireless) Has two 100Mb/s Ethernet Cards
Client Computers (All wireless)
Cable modem

Hi, i would like your advice on my proposed new home network setup.

I have a Cable modem which connects directly to the server via a 100Mb/s UTP cable to the first ethernet card. The server has a firewall that will protect the client computers and itself. The server also acts as a print server and a file server. The second ethernet card (on the server) connects to the DI-524 Wireless Router on one of its WLAN sockets using a seperate 100Mb/s UTP cable. Once the router is configured, the wireless client computers should be able to access the server's services plus access the internet going through the servers firewall.

So my main question is put simply, will everything work?

I am currently a little bit concernd about whether the wireless client computers can get internet access.

Thanks buddy! :whistling:

Edited by Electronics God, 21 April 2006 - 10:32 PM.

Advertisements