Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power LED and HDD LED

• Please log in to reply

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
I just got a new case so i transfered all the parts into it but now the LEDs dont work on the front for some strange reason the power LED comes on after turning off my computer but the HDD LED doesnt work at all could some one please tell me how to fix this?

Thanks,

Kurt

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
You need to check your wiring. I suspect you do not have the led wires connected properly. Check the documentation that came with the case (if any). It may be necessary to just identify the led on the front, locate the wire and then make sure it is connected to the proper pins on the motherboard. Refer to the motherboard manual for this.

rumble291

rumble291

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Ive lost the manual but I can remeber that there was nothing about it it was just information about the motherboard.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Ok. Just rely on the motherboard manual. That should get you what you need. Just trace the wires back from the LED and make sure they are on the correct pin. If you don't have a motherboard manual, go to the manufacturers web page and download one. I recently put together a system and was amazed I got it right with so little documentation. My eyesight ain't so good so I had to use a magnifying class to make sure the pins were the right ones.

Edited by austin_o, 22 April 2006 - 06:50 AM.

rumble291

rumble291

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Ive fixed it i double checked wat it said and i just set them wrong everything works fine now though. Thanks anyway,

Kurt