Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 VERY SLOW COMPUTERS

• Please log in to reply

juniorgeek

juniorgeek

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have 2 computers - a HP Pavilion 750n from 2001 or 2002, and a laptop - Compaq Presario V2000Z from 2006. They both have very slow startups and while the computer is running, they are very slow. HP Pavilion has a 1.2Ghz processor with 512MB of RAM and 256MB of graphics. Compaq Presario has 1.8Ghz with 512MB UMD RAM (meaning I split it up between graphics and RAM) - 384MB RAM and 128MB Graphics. Please help!

Thanks,
juniorgeek

Advertisements

Sintic

Sintic

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi,
Could be many possibilities including anti-virus software eating your process's etc
but i would run defragmentation on the hardrives, if it doesnt help i would probably format and re-install windows, computers become slow after time. a format is the Ultimate answer :whistling:

juniorgeek

juniorgeek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Probably be best. Thanks.