Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer crash

• Please log in to reply

maxmaggie

maxmaggie

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a MSI KT8 Neo FSR mb with simpron 3300 chip, Windows XP Pro 1 gig kingston ram. Gforce 6200 pro 256 graphics card (EVGA) For a long time I had USB problems because I was missing the sb buss drivers, I finally fixed that problem by downloading and installing the Nforce drivers. Now I am having problems with my computer crashing during game play. It completly reboots the system then I get a message that my comp recovered from a serious problem. I have the most recient drivers installed (I think), and i have turned down my graphics acceleration like windows trouble shooter suggest. This problme still persists. Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Ty,
Max

Advertisements

Sintic

Sintic

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi,
Right click My Computer and goto Properties then navigate to the Advanced tab and click settings for 'Startup and Recovery' Under system failure see if Automatically Restart is checked, if it is.. uncheck it.
this wont fix your problem, but it may possibly crash to a BSOD instead, the information on that screen would help finding a solution.

maxmaggie

maxmaggie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ty vm will give it a try

maxmaggie

maxmaggie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
It worked in that my comp isn't rebooting but I still need a perenent fix for this problem. I play EQ2 and getting booted out of the game every 15 mins is not a good way to make or keep friends.
Max.

Sintic

Sintic

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

It worked in that my comp isn't rebooting but I still need a perenent fix for this problem. I play EQ2 and getting booted out of the game every 15 mins is not a good way to make or keep friends.
Max.

it isn't good when your hunting also, i understand completely everquest is a brilliant game!
but what do you mean by your last post, does it crash to Blue Screen or doesnt it crash at all?
sorry and thanks :whistling:

i also know Everquest 1 in which i had problems with, it always seem to of run better on older drivers rarther than new ones...... but we won't get into that just yet!

maxmaggie

maxmaggie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a MSI KT8 Neo FSR mb with simpron 3300 chip, Windows XP Pro 1 gig kingston ram. Gforce 6200 pro 256 graphics card (EVGA) For a long time I had USB problems because I was missing the sb buss drivers, I finally fixed that problem by downloading and installing the Nforce drivers. Now I am having problems with my computer crashing during game play. It completly reboots the system then I get a message that my comp recovered from a serious problem. I have the most recient drivers installed (I think), and i have turned down my graphics acceleration like windows trouble shooter suggest. This problme still persists. Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Ty,

maxmaggie

maxmaggie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I may have this fixed, I had the Nforce drivers from MSI which solved my sb buss problem, but messed up my video drivers. so I downloaded the newest drivers for the 6200 from Invidia and overlaid them on top of the Nforce drivers (I know your not supposed to do that, but I didn't want o loose the sb buss driver) It seems to be working great now.