Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of duty 2 motion blurry on brand new Gaming Computer!

• Please log in to reply

Snippy

Snippy

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
I just got this brand new Deminsion E510 dell computer 2.80,ghz pentuim 4,256mb graphic card, and 1 gig of ram we think it's the ram so we gonna upgrap the ram memory to 2 gigs.But i don' know plz help thx.

Advertisements

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Just posted my system specs

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
I'm not sure what the problem is, but I have 1GB of RAM, and COD2 works fine on my computer...

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
do you have an LCD monitor? Even the best LCDs blur a bit.

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Yeah I have a lcd moniter

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
well you opened this thread after you posted in someone elses and we have some info in that thread as well but try and keep in on your thread from here on.. It makes it easier if you stay to one thread (the one you made)

Back to this thread I posted this..

http://www.geekstogo...PC-t109296.html

But it's a 256meg graphic card

256mb dont mean jack if the rest of the card is slow. Just because it has 256mb doesnt mean its fast man, it doesnt work like that. There is much more to a graphics card. It has a gpu (graphics processing unit), it has clock speed it has memory speed, it has pipelines, they have memory which will be ddr,ddr2 or ddr3. Yours has the plain ddr..

call of duty 2 requires a fast video card if you want the settings past low quality without any choppiness...

You have an intel dual core cpu. Have you tried running the game on just one of the cores??

go into the task manager, control alt + delete under processes goto the process for call of duty 2 and right click it. then goto set affinity and uncheck one of the cpu's it shouldnt matter which one. This will force the game to run on just one of your cpu's cores. It will make it run better if you have dual core cpu related issues..

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
So it is my graphixcs card?But it runs fine on safe mode

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Ok i upgraded to 3 gigs of ram now but still blurry so most deffinantly video card.
Will this card run cod2 and other high quality (graphic wise) games like max the setting out?

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814161005

Or

http://www.circuitci...roductDetail.do

Which one is better?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Neither would be much of an upgrade an a 1300 wouldnt really be an upgrade at all, try a 7600GT instead it should be better.

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Well which card is best on this page that is under 200$ that will run all new games well?

http://www.newegg.co...Go.x=22&Go.y=28

Advertisements

Doomspoon

Doomspoon

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Sorry for jumping in here but I'd advise looking for 'Gainward Golden Sample' cards. The Golden Sample cards are picked for their performance and come with software to 'overclock' them at a safe performance level. As an example I recently bought the Powerpack Ultra/2100 GeForce 6800 128MB. Although the memory on board is small in comparison to similarly priced cards I am running the core clock at 350Mhz as opposed to 325 and the memory clock at 800Mhz as opposed to 700Mhz.

I'm not sure how the prices compare between GBP and USD, I think your current card retails at around $60-70 judging from a quick Google search I did. My new card gives much better performance than my old 5700VE for around £130, if I'd had more money I would have got one with more RAM on it.

I don't know too much about PC hardware, granted but a crowd I regularly game with that assemble custom gaming rigs seem to swear by Gainward.

With regard to your original post on the performance in game, this title is very demanding, it is much safer to opt for performance over quality by going with the recommended settings. I'm having to run in 800 x 600 as my processor (Sempron 2400+) is just too slow to cope, the GFX card and Gig of RAM I have just isn't enough.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Gainward golden samples arent what they used to be, when manufacturing processes were less reliable then yes a hand picked card had advantages but these days they just charge more for what everyone elses cards do just as well. For overclocking of cards XFX, BFG and HIS especially are better than gainward, Gainward a kind of mediocre crowd they cater alot to the GS cards of late.

Most cards come with overclocking software as standard its even built in to the drivers of ATI x1000 card drivers. The higher resolution isnt much of a factor on the CPU its all down to the gfx card really.

From a quick glance this http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814130283 is the best in that list.

Doomspoon

Doomspoon

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ah right, we live and learn.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Yeah, Evga makes good solid video cards and their prices are nice also. I have an evga and I usually try to stick to that company or either bfg when I build systems.

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Ok thx i'll probly buy that one in a few weeks maybe when I get enough money =).But will it run bf2 and cod2 at maxed out setting?