Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of duty 2 motion blurry on brand new Gaming Computer!

• Please log in to reply

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Ive got blurryness on the writing and chat in game dunno why im gonna reinstall it. Try otimal settings Ive done that and I get a higher frame rate if you dont like something you can just change it.

Advertisements

computer_geek

computer_geek

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I run call of duty 2 on my AGP computer with 1gig of ram and an msi fx5500 with 256megs of ram on it and it works excellent.

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
So will this video card cod2 at maxed settings cause if i'm gonna soend 160 bucks I want maxed setting!

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814130283

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Oo and another question...How will I know if this card will fit into my computer?

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
?So...?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Nope it wont do high settings, (weird how that works and the other gets a server error) you tell by wether or not you have AGP or PCI-E i would guess pci-e but check using cpu-z.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
his dell is one of the newer systems. It should be pci-express.

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
So will it be near maxed?And what would make it maxed settings?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, two thoughts. check the specs for your lcd monitor. what we are looking for is the response time. chances are your monitor has a response time of 20ms. A good lcd monitor for gaming will be 8ms or less.

for the blurryness when not gaming you will need to turn on clear type text. To do this go to my computer, right click, and choose properties. Go to advanced tab. look for the section called performance and click on settings. Look for "smooth edges of screen fonts." this box should be checked.

as to maxed settings. you will need to check with dell to see what the best card is for you use. the last one I worked on couldn't use anything over a x700 due to a bios issue. I would think a x1300 or better from ati or 7800 or better from nvidia. Now your talking 200-300 usd hear. however this investment will last you a long time.

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
What would be a good card that would last? this here here?

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814130283

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its not bad, but DX10 slated for summer release nothing dx9 will have lasting power when stood up to the new API improvements in dx10 on there own dx9l will be part of the way there but its still not as good as it could be. That and the dx10 cards will be seriously fast if they were just dx9 as well.

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
So I just wait is what your saying?