Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ipconfig problem

• Please log in to reply

padmaja

padmaja

• Pip
  • 1 posts
heloo,
iam using windows xp.and i use oracle 9i .for that i need a ipaddres to be specified in the jdbc connection url part.so i went to the ipconfig to find the ipaddress. but i could see only this
Windows IP Configuration

after this nothing appears on the screen ,

but if i am connected to internet then i could see the configurations .with some dynamic ipaddresses

so please tell me how can i get the static ipaddress which i can use in my jdbc connection

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi padmaja! Welcome to G2G!

Does the database actually connect to another computer over the Internet? If it doesn't, then for the IP address, put in 127.0.0.1, which is the IP address for your computer.

Fenor

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Fenor is right although ipconfig should show your ipaddress as 127.0.0.1 when your offline. But if your not having problems and you can use interent ando online services than you should be just fine :whistling: :blink: