Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Game sound

• Please log in to reply

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Ok, i got some issues with the sound on my laptop in certain games, pretty much, if it is a game, and on myjk lap top and isn't called D&D Online, Need for speed most wanted or everquest, the sound is jacked up, oh, Rise of Nations works too just fine. but the games i recently baught, Oblivion, and the mech warrior 4 games and SimCity 3000, the sound is all messed up, but in the other games said above it is fine, i have a HP Pavillion zv6000, and i read it amy be sound card drivers, but, i can't find any newer drivers then the one's installed. it is Conexant AC-Link Audio.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
when you looked for drivers did you go to hp's web site?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Have you tried setting the hardware acceleration of the sound card to basic acceleration (this can be done via DirectX Diagnostics).

goladith

goladith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

when you looked for drivers did you go to hp's web site?

yes i did, i downladed em, but i could get em to install, mebe i'm not used to useing pre-built computers or somethig,but it didn't work or do anything.

No, i haven't tried it on basic excelleration, i changed that now.