Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dnschanger.a

• Please log in to reply

krazzy

krazzy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
well anyways i dled a file and i scanned it nothing came up so i did w/e and then later on my mcafee virus scan detected it as dnschanger.a and i read about it i was hoping it was gone... and i thought i did everything to get rid of it but apparently i didnt. Now its like 2 weeks later i cant go on the internet. on the bottom part where it says downloading from site like yahoo or whatever it says error c:/etc something dns at the end. and so i think its back what do i need to do to get rid of it fully? right now i am posting from a different computer. also how dangerous is this dnaschanger.a and can it do anymore damage?
thank you
krazzy

also i have windows xp and use mcafee virus scan and spy sweeper oh and zone labs i think but for some reason its not working or something maybe the changer thing...

i scanned my computer for viruses this time it picked up nothing... so i dunno and the internet is still not working so does anyone know how to fix the trojan dnschanger.a ??? please help me

Advertisements

krazzy

krazzy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
well now i system restored my computer back to a date but i think the trojan messed up all my security programs cause zone alarms wont start up and norton antivirus wont scan because it says there are missing components. but now my internet is working so i redownloaded norton and zone alarms and have them working but when i scanned nothing was picked up. but the earlierst date it let me restore to which is weird is one that after i got the trojan. just incase my firewall is not working or w/e i pulled the ethernet cord out i think thats what it called. if anyone knows how to find the dnschanger.a and fully get rid of it please help me :whistling:

ty krazzy

krazzy

krazzy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
okay well nvm what i said before anyways i restored and i downloaded avg virus scanner and spy bot search and destroy. i ran my computer in safe mode and with avg i found 2 trojan downloader or droppers i dont remember what it was i healed them or w/e or ptu them in vault and now i think my comptuer should hoepfully be clean thanks for the help guys i read about avg in the good things to downloads... if i have anymore problems later ill post here. also does anyone know a good free firewall? right now im using zone alarms free one but is there any better ones out there?

thank you
krazzy