Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop keeps on hanging...

• Please log in to reply

Pesmerga255

Pesmerga255

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I had to reformat after the thing really messed up and gave me an ntfs.sys error every time I turned it on, and now, every 3-4 seconds it pauses, Does anybody know how to fix it?

The CPU Usage hovers at around 60-70% when it's idle...if that helps...

Edited by Pesmerga255, 22 April 2006 - 04:22 PM.

Advertisements

Pesmerga255

Pesmerga255

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Can anybody help me? My laptop's almost unusable.....

jmoney3457

jmoney3457

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
hi pes welcome to gtg, when you say "the thing messed up my laptop" what exactly was the thing?

Pesmerga255

Pesmerga255

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I'm not sure....It just keeps on stopping every couple of seconds whenever I run anything....

Pesmerga255

Pesmerga255

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
If it helps, When it messed up last time, It switched itself off during shutdown for some reason, and it kept on blue screening me after that, I also couldn't run the recovery console because of the blue screen.....