Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GunZ

• Please log in to reply

SirNight33

SirNight33

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Hi i was just wondering if you all could help me with my router im trying to play GunZ:The Duel with my bro but if i connect to the same game as him his ping is 999 to me and i cant see him move and visa versa or whatever lol.. i went to portforward.com and tried to do the static ip thing... got no idea if i even did it right also called my isp got the dns server addresses do any of you know how i can fix this?

Oh also i did the static ip thing on my bros pc and all other computers hooked on to the router also if it helps its a Linksys BEFSR81 :whistling:

:blink:
I think it might have somthing to do with the IPS so is there a way to assign totally differnt ips ex:ares is 192.168.X.XXX and it changes by 1 number at the last X so is there a way to completely change the ips thanks!

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hi SirNight33,

The IP that you listed is your Internal IP -- changing those won't have any effect on your External IP (the address that the Internet sees). I know that some router's allow you to play games online fine with other members on your network -- however other routers experience difficulties (the same as you listed). I'd be inclined to say that it's your router, however it may also be the game that you're playing. As far as I know, there's no way to get around this issue, however you could try DMZ (this is not recommended as it'll leave you open to attack) or using a proxy for one of the computers.

SirNight33

SirNight33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
how would i setup a proxy