Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wont boot up

• Please log in to reply

Branden Kuhn

Branden Kuhn

• Pip
  • 8 posts
i bought a new cause and moved everthing into it but i failed to know that between the motherboard and metal piece it screws into had spacers but i re did that that and now it wont boot up

Advertisements

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
well you very well could have fried any number of components
e.g CPU, motherboard, ram

have you removed all of the components and tried to boot on a peice of card board? if not remove everything from the case and place it on a peice of cardboard with only
cpu + heatsink and fan, 1 RAM module, graphics card, monitor connected and obveisly the power supply connected.

this will eliminate the possability of the problem being a case short.
if this then boots we have found the problem it would be a case short if not then the problem is something more seriouse goodluck,
troppo

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
If ur motherboard doesn't have little metal circles around the screw whole then u need to put a washer inbetween the motherboard and the screw.

Edited by rumble291, 23 April 2006 - 05:22 AM.