Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CMD is not a valid win32 application

• Please log in to reply

psychokilla

psychokilla

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
I have had a virus that has been fixed on your malware site
i have a few things wrong with my lap top since the fix cannot go back to system restore point to a date that would help
cannot log on to some sites that i am a member OF just keeps throughing the same log in back at me on your site does the same in some windows im am logged on as a different name at the moment because it will not let me log in as GANSTER
These are the weird things that are wrong with the laptop at the moment
STILL HAPPENING :)
COACHWIFE6 SUGGESTED THAT I MAKE A LINK TO MY POST I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO IT SO IF YOU NEED ANY INFO MAYBE YOU CAN GET IT FROM MY GANSTER NAME
Ihave a recovery disk but when i reboot with the xp disc in does not load the xp
i thought the repaire thing on the disc might fix tho problem PLEASE HELP
:whistling: :blink: :help:
1)
I have lost my log on rights two soccer sites

2)
in my webmail account i log in it just says timed out this happens in a millisecond
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was . Subject 'Error on the forums', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'smtp.blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Administrative prohibition - relaying not allowed', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

3)
IN run command it says after typing CMD :CMD is not a valid win32 application

4)
And from run command when i type ipconfig just get a screen that flashes for a second then dissapears

5)
Aswell When i type in the run command then c:DOCCUME~1\JEZ>ping bbc.co.uk
what i get back is C:WINDOWS\system32\ping.com is not a valid win32 application
i dont understand i type co.uk AND IT COMES BACK WITH .COM

Please do not include an e-mail address in any post as it could lead to more contact than you intended

Edited by Keith, 23 April 2006 - 03:29 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
When you get to disc clean up, click more options and then clean up restore points

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete

Click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, then from system tools, run disc defragmenter.

Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter, you need the XP CD and Windows File Protection will show a blue onscreen progress bar, when the bar goes, reboot

Download and install Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up Disc Clean Up

Run Tune Up Registry Clean Up

Click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, which will take a few minutes and need a reboot. You should disable the antivirus programme to run this and check it is running after the reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

psychokilla

psychokilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
done every thing you said and still same log in problems as in last post

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you download and run this

http://www.geekstogo...n=download&id=7

This Utility Restores (WinSock and TCP/IP) Registry Keys, that may become Corrupt after Removing the Host Program that Modified them

Try the e-mail

If no change can you sign up for an account here

http://edit.europe.y...g/mail?.intl=uk

Are you using Outlook Express / Outlook to access the webmail account?

lorothrigs

lorothrigs

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Your problems in order:
1.)Talk to the admin at the forum.
2.)Not sure about that one.
3.)Try typing cmd.exe and not just cmd.
If the above works, goto command prompt and type DEL %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\cmd.com
4.)To fix the ipconfig thing, goto command prompt and type ipconfig.
5.)Wait, ping.com? As I recall it's ping.exe, try typing ping.exe bbc.co.uk.
If the above works, goto command prompt and type DEL %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\ping.com

Edited by lorothrigs, 23 April 2006 - 09:40 AM.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there lorothrigs, it is right what you saying, but......

If the cmd.exe works, let me know so i can give you full instructions. The one's mentioned are just a few. You may have not got rid of a virus proparly. Or in cases of the alcra virus. This leaves bad file behind that i will help you fix if cmd.exe works.

Cool :whistling:

psychokilla

psychokilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
cmd.exe works
but http://www.geekstogo...n=download&id=7 wont down load
DEL %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\ping.com just says not a system file
DEL %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\cmd.com just says not a system file

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

psychokilla

psychokilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Can you download and run this

This Utility Restores (WinSock and TCP/IP) Registry Keys, that may become Corrupt after Removing the Host Program that Modified them

Try the e-mail

If no change can you sign up for an account here

http://edit.europe.y...g/mail?.intl=uk

Are you using Outlook Express / Outlook to access the webmail account?

KEITH HI
Are you using Outlook Express / Outlook to access the webmail account? I DONT KNOW

url=http://edit.europe.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=uk]http://edit.europe.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=uk YES set a account up

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This is what the link should get you

[attachment=8062:attachment]

If it does not, try any or all of these

Online Scans

Panda Scan

House Call

Trend Micro Spyware Scan

Kaspersky Online Scan

Advertisements

psychokilla

psychokilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
HI KEITH
I RAN KASPERSKY A FEW DAYS AGO IT FOUND 1 VIRUS AND 56 INFECTED OBJECTS,CLEARED THEM.
THEN TODAY IT FOUND EXACTLY THE SAME TODAY SEEMS STRANGE EH
WORD KEEPS SAYING SOMETHING ABOUT RICH TEXT COULD VIRUS BE HIDING IN/BEHIND THAT

KASPERSKY ON-LINE SCANNER REPORT
Monday, April 24, 2006 8:00:04 AM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky On-line Scanner version: 5.0.78.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 24/04/2006
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 189750

Scan Settings
Scan using the following antivirus database extended
Scan Archives true
Scan Mail Bases true

Scan Target My Computer
C:\
D:\

Scan Statistics
Total number of scanned objects 57435
Number of viruses found 4
Number of infected objects 56
Number of suspicious objects 0
Duration of the scan process 00:39:15

Infected Object Name Virus Name Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\(full) mmf convertor.ace.bac_a02728/toolBar.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.nj skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\(full) mmf convertor.ace.bac_a02728 ACE: infected - 1 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\(full) mmf convertor.ace.bac_a02728 CryptFF.b: infected - 1 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\(full) mmf convertor.ace.bac_a03712/toolBar.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.nj skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\(full) mmf convertor.ace.bac_a03712 ACE: infected - 1 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\(full) mmf convertor.ace.bac_a03712 CryptFF.b: infected - 1 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\- presented by M0e - mmf convertor.ace.bac_a02728/toolBar.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.nj skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\- presented by M0e - mmf convertor.ace.bac_a02728 ACE: infected - 1 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\- presented by M0e - mmf convertor.ace.bac_a02728 CryptFF.b: infected - 1 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\- presented by M0e - mmf convertor.ace.bac_a03712/toolBar.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.nj skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\- presented by M0e - mmf convertor.ace.bac_a03712 ACE: infected - 1 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\- presented by M0e - mmf convertor.ace.bac_a03712 CryptFF.b: infected - 1 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\@ iprint2fax.zip.bac_a02412/YSB_toolBar.exe/stream Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.no skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\@ iprint2fax.zip.bac_a02412/YSB_toolBar.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.no skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\@ iprint2fax.zip.bac_a02412 ZIP: infected - 2 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\@ iprint2fax.zip.bac_a02412 CryptFF.b: infected - 2 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\by Fry - download scheduler.zip.bac_a02412/YSB_toolBar.exe/stream Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.no skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\by Fry - download scheduler.zip.bac_a02412/YSB_toolBar.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.no skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\by Fry - download scheduler.zip.bac_a02412 ZIP: infected - 2 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\by Fry - download scheduler.zip.bac_a02412 CryptFF.b: infected - 2 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\by MoshAsh..mighty fax.zip.bac_a02412/YSB_toolBar.exe/stream Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.no skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\by MoshAsh..mighty fax.zip.bac_a02412/YSB_toolBar.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.no skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\by MoshAsh..mighty fax.zip.bac_a02412 ZIP: infected - 2 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\by MoshAsh..mighty fax.zip.bac_a02412 CryptFF.b: infected - 2 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\mc-110-12-0000137.exe.bac_a03712/data0001 Infected: Trojan-Downloader.NSIS.Agent.p skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\mc-110-12-0000137.exe.bac_a03712 NSIS: infected - 1 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\mc-110-12-0000137.exe.bac_a03712 CryptFF.b: infected - 1 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\nico fax machine.zip.bac_a02412/YSB_toolBar.exe/stream Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.no skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\nico fax machine.zip.bac_a02412/YSB_toolBar.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.no skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\nico fax machine.zip.bac_a02412 ZIP: infected - 2 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\nico fax machine.zip.bac_a02412 CryptFF.b: infected - 2 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\released pc fax.zip.bac_a02412/YSB_toolBar.exe/stream Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.no skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\released pc fax.zip.bac_a02412/YSB_toolBar.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.no skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\released pc fax.zip.bac_a02412 ZIP: infected - 2 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\released pc fax.zip.bac_a02412 CryptFF.b: infected - 2 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\sfbho.dll.bac_a03712 Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.SideFind skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\[DaSHa] mmf convertor.rar.bac_a02728/Setup_toolBar.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.nj skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\[DaSHa] mmf convertor.rar.bac_a02728 RAR: infected - 1 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\[DaSHa] mmf convertor.rar.bac_a02728 CryptFF.b: infected - 1 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\[DaSHa] mmf convertor.rar.bac_a03712/Setup_toolBar.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.nj skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\[DaSHa] mmf convertor.rar.bac_a03712 RAR: infected - 1 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\[DaSHa] mmf convertor.rar.bac_a03712 CryptFF.b: infected - 1 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\[LiveStream] download scheduler.rar.bac_a02412/Setup_toolBar.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.nj skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\[LiveStream] download scheduler.rar.bac_a02412 RAR: infected - 1 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\[LiveStream] download scheduler.rar.bac_a02412 CryptFF.b: infected - 1 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\[LiveStream] download scheduler.rar.bac_a03804/Setup_toolBar.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.nj skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\[LiveStream] download scheduler.rar.bac_a03804 RAR: infected - 1 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\[LiveStream] download scheduler.rar.bac_a03804 CryptFF.b: infected - 1 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\[LiveStream] system 32 fix.zip.bac_a02412/YSB_toolBar.exe/stream Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.no skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\[LiveStream] system 32 fix.zip.bac_a02412/YSB_toolBar.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.no skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\[LiveStream] system 32 fix.zip.bac_a02412 ZIP: infected - 2 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\[LiveStream] system 32 fix.zip.bac_a02412 CryptFF.b: infected - 2 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\[[ system 32 fix.zip.bac_a02412/YSB_toolBar.exe/stream Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.no skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\[[ system 32 fix.zip.bac_a02412/YSB_toolBar.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.no skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\[[ system 32 fix.zip.bac_a02412 ZIP: infected - 2 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\jez\.housecall\Quarantine\[[ system 32 fix.zip.bac_a02412 CryptFF.b: infected - 2 skipped

Scan process completed.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
They are probably part of the system restore set now, the only cure for that is to turn system restore off, reboot to safe mode, run your anti virus programme, clear the problems, reboot the computer to normal mode then re-run a virus scan, if clear, you can turn system restore on and set a restore point

If your antivirus programme does not find them, you will need to boot to normal mode with system off, run Kapersky, reboot, run Kapersky and turn system restore on if the scan is clear

The virus information would have been useful because anything you try with an infected machine is fruitless

Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum

psychokilla

psychokilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hi keith
Kapersky, is a online virus scanner ive found viruses but cannot remove the viruses with the on line scan do i have to buy the product
what is AV anti virus like
panda will not allow me to down load the program
and housecall not connecting do the site exsist

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try this for Trend although I got it from the link

http://housecall65.trendmicro.com/

anti virus and anti spyware programmes which will not run is indicative of malware so you should head off there

psychokilla

psychokilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
hi keith
your last post suggested that i use housecall
tried to install but gets part way there and says it has to close IE because of add on
what next :whistling: