Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Forwarding email in Hotmail

• Please log in to reply

Marjiro

Marjiro

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[B] :tazz: Hi everyone, I am having a problem forwarding email from Hotmail. If the email I receive has pictures and file...and I want to forward it to others. I receive messages back that it didn't come thru. Now if I forward just text, that seems to go thru ok, BUT, not always. Only if I copy and paste. But, just to forward an email well .....I am very frustrated with this. I went to help menu, and it is no help....what can I do? What am I doing wrong. Please email me at [email removed] (my other email) Thanks so much. Marjiro.

Edited by admin, 16 March 2005 - 07:15 AM.

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Moved to Microsoft Office

machinehead

machinehead

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: I am having the same problem. I cant forward anything in HOTMAIL with a picture. Is it the virus scanner they use ?????I am truely frustrated with Hotmail.
They wrote me and said to make copies then add as a attachment. The mail I got from a friend is ful of pics and gifs with wonderful text and I want to forward it as IS. Any help for me PLEASE Oh when someone recieves my forward they say where the pics are is a blank square with a lil box in it. Thank you.

Edited by machinehead, 17 August 2005 - 11:49 AM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Before I take a stab at this, I'm a little confused as to whether you all are trying to forward pics via Hotmail online or whether your are using an e-mail client like Outlook or Outlook Express.

Last post indicated use of virus scanner which online Hotmail does use. If it was received as an attachment, it will have it listed as to the type of file separate from the body of the e-mail. If you click on the attachment to open it, it will either open it and tell you no virus was found or it will tell you what virus it has found and no way will it open the attachment.

Possibly try using the secure login.

There are some mail options that you may have to look at for sending pix through your e-mail. Sometimes forwarding a pic causes it not to show up because at the time sent, it didnot have a path to where the pic was stored. Consequently, person only received the dreaded red x where a pix should be.

Ron

machinehead

machinehead

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ron Thanks for the reply

I am new at this so plse bear with me

I use only Hotmail and any thing I get that has pics or gifs etc embeded in the text will not forward to anyone else they just get the box!!!!! arrrrrrrrrrrrr

I set up a yahoo account am hoping that works better.

Thanks again for your help :tazz:

Edited by machinehead, 17 August 2005 - 05:52 PM.