Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ActiveX problems

• Please log in to reply

twolfe87

twolfe87

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Recently ActiveX has been behaving strangely.

Sometimes ActiveX prompts me to run it for any sort of flash or media content with a dialogue box, I believe it say something like "Click OK to run ActiveX Control" and my only option is to click OK.

Other times content is surrounded by a dashed border, and I have to click it to play.

Any idea how I fix this, it's getting annoying.

Advertisements

nmailey

nmailey

• Pip
  • 3 posts
The reason you're having this problem is because of the latest update for WindowsXP (and if I recall correctly, W2003 Server).

Here's a quick blurb on it which will lead you to a pile of other infromation on the topic.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/ieupdate/

That said, the two ways to bypass this are:
  • Remove the update (not sure if this would be recommended however), but it should be update KB912812.
  • Site developers should be externally linking their embedded content which will bypass this latest patch
In time the sites you visit should be fixing the problem as more and more people download the latest update.