Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Putting games and stuff on your website?

• Please log in to reply

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Hi there,

There are loads of sites with games and cartoons on.

But if you want to get that .swf file and put it on your website, do you have to contact the owners of the site and say, can we put your game... on our site?

Like if you wanted to put one of the weebls-stuff.com games or toons on your own website, would you have to contact them?

:whistling:

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Check some of the copyright requirements I've got listed for more info.

Generally, I try to do everything possible to contact the owner of the material, the owner of the site, webmaster, etc. to see if I can get an ok to use something that I am very sure is not public domain or is specifically copyrighted. Very few bothered to reply. Those that did, wanted nothing but a text or link back notice for the material, but then, I wasn't using it to make money from their product.

You can Google for more on Copyright Laws.

Ron

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Ok thanks.

Also say if a new simpsons episode was coming out and you wanted to include a few photos of it on your website. You search google and there are loads of photos of it. Can you put them on your website from google images?