Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can i use firefox 1.0

• Please log in to reply

smithxx99

smithxx99

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
i downloaded 1.5, and it is really painful.

i love 1.0 . can i stick with 1.0, or is it dangerous?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What do you mean by painful there isnt anything different nothing was remocved they just added fixes and a couple of new features theres nothing actually noticably different between 1 and 1.5 that ive ever been able to see.

You could use 1.0 if you could find it but its not advisable as there are security holes that you would reopen by going back and you would lose features.

smithxx99

smithxx99

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
i can't use the address bar when a page is loading. i can't load page simultaneosly with the tabs. i have to wait for the page to load before i can go to another website. also it takes longer to load java and longer to get in to a new website... thanks

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Thats not a 1.5 problem thats something wrong with your installation, try uniinstalling and reinstalling your problem isnt 1.5 though all those things you mention were improved in 1.5. And then once you have reinstalled it reinstall your plugins and extensions it should clear up, but you wont solve it going back to 1.0.

smithxx99

smithxx99

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
i follow your sugestions (1.5.2) and is working excellent. thanks

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
No bother.