Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Want to use my old HD in my new PC

• Please log in to reply

Stevvvvvvve

Stevvvvvvve

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
So I got a new PC about 2 months ago. I opted for the "smaller" 80GB HD simply b/c my old PC, which fried, had a 120GB that I figured I'd either swap out or add on. When I got my new I come to find out that my old HD won't work b/c the connections are 2 different sizes. Is there a way around this?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Whats the specs involved here, if the new drive is SATA and the old one IDE you should still have IDE and it will hook up jus like it did on the old one they both dont need to be hooked up using the same interface.

Stevvvvvvve

Stevvvvvvve

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Ok I'm an idiot with this. How do I find out? I have my old HD in front of me. I see it says something about an Ultra ATA Cable.