Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question about Mbayactx Control....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

t_huss

t_huss

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,
I recently was hijacked about a month ago, had some people help me and got it all taken care of .. But, now I am having a couple of problems with my comp & I wanted to ask a specific question about something and thought maybe you guys could help.
I go into my 'C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files' folder and there is a process called " Mbayactx Control" , when I click on teh properties it says "damaged" in Status: , in 'Description:, Company:,Language:, and Copyright:, it all says 'Unknown'. Is there something to this ?? Or am I just being paranoid? Also there is another one that is just simply code- {D702FBF4-EE60-11D0-BD5B-00A0C91F4635} and it says "Damaged" also. There are exactly 11 others in this folder but none of them say "Damaged". I'm thinking this may be where my problems are coming from..am I wrong?

If I'm not, can someone explain how to get rid of them as I think they are running processes.

If I am wrong, just tell me..lol..thanks in advance..

Thanks.

Advertisements

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
ActiveX objects are programs that are downloaded from web sites and are stored on your computer. These objects are stored in C:\windows\Downloaded Program Files.

By deleting most ActiveX objects from your computer, you will not have a problem as you can download them again. Be aware that there are some company applications that do use ActiveX objects so be careful.

Looking at the items you mention, I recommend you to read the advices given here. When you are done, please post a HijackThis log in this topic. We will then be able to help you.

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
There has been no response to this topic in 20 days. It is now closed. If you still need help with your system please start a new topic.