Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows genuine tool

• Please log in to reply

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
this is getting more and more fustrating, one day this randomly occured that i could no longer get updates for XP, something that i paid for. Y is this and what might be causing this, i'm worried that i'm no longer getting the critical updates that i need to stay safe! Very curious y it might be doing this for an OS that is ligit. And just today well about 10 minutes ago it said that i wasn't passing the windows genuin tool which really confused me.
Thanx
James :whistling:

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi james_8970...

Download and run this Microsoft Validation Diagnostics tool on the machine and then try the updates again.

wannabe1

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
says i'm genuine but still ain't working......agggrrr
James

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.GIF

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
You might have to call Microsoft to straighten this one out. :blink:

They're usually pretty good about helping with this issue, though... :whistling:

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
k, if all else failed thats was what i was going to do.
Hopfully they are good with me, with this issue.....can't wait to get vista and off this family infested computer:P
thanx
James