Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Overclocking problem

• Please log in to reply

dllp117

dllp117

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Okay, I overclocked my system last night, I went from 167something to 198. After I entered this, it shut down. When I restarted it, the monitor wasn't getting a signal from the computer. I looked up this problem on the internet, and it said that it was a common problem, that I needed to find the cpu jumper on the motherboard, or the key that restores the cpu speed on the keyboard. Does anyone know where this key is on the keyboard? Or where the jumper is on the motherboard? Please help!!!
my keyboard model: kb-0108 emachines keyboard

my motherboard model: AMD Athlon 64 2600 or 2700, I'm not sure which. Please help!

(I hope that this is the right subject to post this under)

Advertisements

JourneyMan

JourneyMan

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Whoa, I hope you didn't fry anything.

OCing requires a lot of time to get everything right, raising the fsb 2-3 at a time. I should take at least 3-4 days of testing before you're finished...

general OCing info

To fix your current problem, you will need to reset your CMOS, which will require moving a jumper on your motherboard. Please post your motherboard model and manufacturer, you posted what CPU you use which doesn't really help. And do not start moving jumpers around without knowing absolutly for sure what they do, as this will cause a host of problems.

dllp117

dllp117

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
I actually fixed my computer! YAY! I managed to find my motherboard jumper. It didn't look like what I thought it would, but it worked, and now my baby's up and running again! thanks for posting!

JourneyMan

JourneyMan

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Well you either lucked out or did your research.

Good job either way. :whistling: