Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer "disconfigured"

• Please log in to reply

Dragon7sun1

Dragon7sun1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Can't log on to the internet. Error message "Internet Explorer has to close due to a problem" "Sorry for the inconvenience, bla - bla -bla :tazz:
It says that I'm missing the [/B]snim.dll

My Internet Explorer is not configured (It worked yesterday)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Darcy

Advertisements

ledzeppelin360

ledzeppelin360

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Dynamic Link Library (DLL)DLL files are basically a set of instructions that a program calls for.When you uninstall a program and it ask if you want to get rid of a dll becase its not being used by that or any other program I usally hit no.Or it could be a corrupt dll.Anyways there is alot of free web sites out there that has free dll files.Just go to your favorite search site and type in "download dll files" you should find it there.If you find it you need to copy and paste it into the right directory.it depends what o.s. your using.windows system32.

ledzeppelin360

ledzeppelin360

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I was just doing a search your your missing dll file so i can give you a direct link.Surprisingly It directed me to http://www.norton.com/
I read about it and it basically said it messes with your browser.If your reading this message then check this out.
http://www.norton.co...tartpage.i.html

Trojan.Startpage.I
If you have dial-up try making a manual dial up by going to Internet option in your control panel.you maybe abel to get on long enoughf to get ride of the problem.Or burn the fix onto a cd

headhunter600

headhunter600

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
you can try running a utility called iefix.