Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I think I downloaded a virus,

• Please log in to reply

swemnaked

swemnaked

• Pip
  • 2 posts
obviously I need help getting rid of it...whenever I try to open a program, such as Windows Media player, iTunes, Firefox, etc, I get the message "application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." or "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service." or something saying that I may not have the ability to do that...even though I'm the only one on the computer, and I've been opening or deleting whatever before. How do I fix this? seriously need help since exams are next week

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi swemnaked...

Has this just started happening in the last week or so?

wannabe1

swemnaked

swemnaked

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It just happened today...I think I got rid of it...when I did a virus scan, nothing came up, but everything seems good now.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Probably wouldn't hurt to run through the list at the Malware Forum...just to be sure.

If you want to know for sure, you could post a log for the experts to look at. :whistling:

wannabe1