Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Liutilities - SessionID is Invalid

• Please log in to reply

TimWilson

TimWilson

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just formatted hard drive and reloaded everything with updates because of virus. Had Norton, got McAfee and AOL security suites. Bought Uniblue's Wintasks bundle but can't logon to their support site. They can, using my id and pswd. It has to be one of these security pgms. How do I figure out which one ? Don't want to turn off firewall for fear of another infection.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Are you trying download something?

Did you update from windows update?

Does it also require an ACTIVEX?

Cause i had same problem so i look in add"n" remove programs and Windows Security had put a update there for This Windows Security>>WINDOWS SECURITY kb912812 So i removed it and was able to use ACTIVEX and accept downloads. Look for it in your ADD "N" REMOVE PROGRAMS.

TimWilson

TimWilson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i downloaded a PDF file containing Uniblue's supprt site. I did not use Windows update. I don't know if it uses activex,. Although when I try to use a McAfee utility to check my computer, which uses activex, I can't get past the continue button. So there is a problem with ActiveX. I checked my Internet security settings . All ActiveX subjects are enabled. I did uninstall KB912812 to no avail. Do you suggest I investigate all of the Windows updates that were installed as I re-installed and updated ?