Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Word is freezing when an attempt to save is made.

• Please log in to reply

rawFM

rawFM

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hello,

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using Microsoft Word 2003 and this problem only started today. Made an attempt to save a document and the whole program froze. The little hour glass symbol came up and I waited, nothing happen. I tried several more times and no luck.

Any body have any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks for your help

Advertisements

taimai

taimai

• Pip
  • 1 posts
That’s strange... I've been experiencing the same exact problem, with the same exact version of Word. I tried deleting and restoring my registry data key, but it didn't do crap. Any advice would be great...

rawFM

rawFM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
i tried doing that as well last night and it didn't make a difference.

wondering if it's some sort of virus not being picked up by my virus scan, which i also did last night before restoring the registry data key.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you have KB908531 in add / remove with show updates ticked, download the updated version

http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

If no change, remove the update