Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't play BF2

• Please log in to reply

Viet-Cong2

Viet-Cong2

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I can't run BF2 for some reason. I've already installed it but when I run it the loading 2 screen appears the screen goes black and brings me to the desktop menu. What's going on?

Advertisements

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
This used to happen to me. What the game is telling you is that your system cannot run it, it is either the graphics card, or the ram, or processor speed. Check your specs on your computer against the minimum specs BF2 needs to run. If you don't meet the specs, then there's your problem.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello Viet-Cong2 and welcome to G2G!

What are your system specs?
Do you have the latest hardware drivers installed?

Viet-Cong2

Viet-Cong2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks I think I found the problem, I don't think have the latest video card drivers Ge Force FX 5700 or ATI Radeon 8500. I'll check my system specs just in case.

Edited by Viet-Cong2, 26 April 2006 - 05:51 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You cant have both cards you either have one or the other.

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
You need 128 Video Memory on those cards if you want to be able to play. I never upgrade my system (i have a fair one) but for BF2 i upgraded lol...

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Hey WarriorScot how do I use ATi tools? The core and memory are blank. I dont think my X1300 PRO is supported. I have tried selecting the PCI-Express Socket, but everything is blank. By the way WarriorScot, is 1GB DDR400 PC3200 RAM enough to run BF2 on max settings? Because I cant put my extra 1GB RAM in my computer because all the hard drive an loads of other stuff is in the way. Shall I attempt to follow the manual so I can take out the hard drive, or do you reccomend I let some one else do it. 1 last thing, if all ram in your comp is the same socket, same speed etc... does mixing and matching different amounts of memory slow it down? e.g 512+512+1GB?

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
I have the same problem arrggg but my pc is higher than recommended for the game so i dont see the problem. Try setting your refresh rate to 60Hz then try and run it BF2 is such a baddly made game really everyone I no has had problems with it.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
How well can refresh rates affect looks or performance?

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

I have the same problem arrggg but my pc is higher than recommended for the game so i dont see the problem. Try setting your refresh rate to 60Hz then try and run it BF2 is such a baddly made game really everyone I no has had problems with it.

I havent had any problems with it. Just the game isnt very fun, it seems more like .......work. I bought it played enough to get me to sargeant. Id rather play Desert Combat Final for bf1942. Graphics are good, gameplay is A LOT more fun. Aircrafts fly better (more controlable,more responsive), hitboxes are better, etc. etc.