Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with UniGraphics, JPEGs, and Word

• Please log in to reply

TJGuitarZ

TJGuitarZ

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hey guys,

I am doing some engineering work in UniGraphics, mostly drafting up random parts (detailing and dimensioning). My problem comes into play when I want to have a picture of what I've done. The detailing and dimensioning lines are in either a light green color or a yellow. When I export a JPEG, I activate the icon that says "Use White Background" because my background is typically black, and that's a tremendous waste of ink.

Now, when I insert the picture in Microsoft Word, I have the white background, but I can't see anything clearly in my picture. It's difficult to read yellow on white. I have tried messing with the picture settings (contrast and brightness), but I can never get the picture to display nice, clean, neat, black lines like it should. Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

Thanks, TJ

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you attach a sample image

TJGuitarZ

TJGuitarZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
There we go.

Attached Thumbnails

• chr1723681.mlfmt.0000.jpg

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is this close to what you need to do

TJGuitarZ

TJGuitarZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Yes! That's awesome. How'd you do it?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The first one was with photoshop elements

This is with Paint.Net (from my signature), it needs .net framework 1.1 up to version 2.5 and .net framework 2.0 for version 2.6

The advantage to Paint.Net is that it is more advanced than MSPaint, although based on it, that and it is free

The picture was converted to black and white, then auto adjust was used, then adjustments to lightness were made

It should view like this in Word

You can adjust it to suit, size, layout etc

TJGuitarZ

TJGuitarZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Thanks a million. You rock!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
No problem

http://www.irfanview.com

You can get irfanview with the plug ins, with that you can easily crop and convert the image to a different type and also resample the quality, whereas you can set the DPI to 1200 to keep and print on your PC, you can reduce the DPI to e-mail it

Although this lets you send files up to 500MB in one go

http://www.spread-it.com/