Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lack of virtual memory

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

estoi

estoi

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi, my PC - Windows XP - keeps saying 'Virtual memory too low' and then does magical computer things until it closes everything down and i have to restart. I have Ewido, AVG anad Spybot installed, all of which I run on a full test on a weekly basis. In addition I defragment etc weekly too.

I have looked on the 'my computer' and it says that of 18.6 GB I have 9.12 GB of memory left, so I don't really understand what the problem is.

I work from home and need to run MSN/ Skype and have at least 10 web browsers open at any one time, in addition to Word and Real Player (if i'm feeling a bit slack!)

could anyone help me please as it's a real pain to have keep restarting the computer when I'm working.

Thanks a lot,

Teresa.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.geekstogo...opic=110039&hl= duplicate post