Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

IIS updates

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I am using IIS as a small web server on a windows XP machine, and I was wondering if security updates for it will automaticly be downloaded when I run a windows update or do I have to download them seperate.

The reason I ask is because 2 or 3 years ago I was running IIS on a windows 2000 machine and my site got hacked because of a hole and it seems like I remember having to download a patch for it seperatly to fix the problem.

Just wanting to make sure that I am safe now just running the normal windows update.