Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Seen any good free PHP CMS's around?

• Please log in to reply

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
I am starting a volunteer project for the local united way. Their website is woefully out of date and they need something that they can keep updated. They have a staff of 3 people, so having a trained person to update it really isnt an option.

I have looked through all the normal Mambo/Nuke type CMSs, but nothing really hits me as useful for a professional website.

Has anyone run across any really good ones that fit in my price range? :whistling:

ScHwErV :blink:

Advertisements

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
Hey ScHwErV have you checked out http://www.opensourcecms.com/ yet??

Open SOurce CMS site with demo's of the packages.

Seven!

Seven!

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Symfony is PHP5

Cake is simply awesome (not PHP5 though).

024louis

024louis

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi, I make custom content management systems. I have a new upcoming system which you may be interessted in. It's called iMODB and requires you to insert only two lines of code into your site to work, a menu code and content code (each 1 line), so any site can do it.

If you want to test it out, contact me and i will arrange a personal test.

Louis

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
I would love to see it. Is the price right?

024louis

024louis

• Pip
  • 6 posts
If your willing to spend £40/$70 a year.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Ill clarify. I am doing this for free. The organization I am doing this for is a non-profit. Their money is better spent creating programs for school children after school or feeding a hungry family. Thats why it says free in the topic title.

I appreciate the offer, but Ill have to decline.

ScHwErV :whistling:

024louis

024louis

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Sorry, i didnt read the top, if its a non profit organisation then its free, just let me know more and i can help

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
ahh crap. I forgot about this thread. I could have swore I had it watched.

Anyways, I am interested. I would like to see what your script does and how it works.

ScHwErV :whistling:

chopyaedoff

chopyaedoff

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
A friend of mine has made his own lightweight CMS called Kubix - http://www.kubix.msbeta.net

It's currently in Private Beta but I think there will be a new version out in a day or so which will be a public Beta.

Allen Canfield

Allen Canfield

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Free and easy to use, I'd suggest PostNuke www.postnuke.com. Pretty easy to get a site going.... If you want free, very scalable, very extensible, but has a high learning curve for the developer.... Check out Xaraya www.xaraya.com, you can do just about anything with it, but it will take a while of reading posting on their forums to get it setup the way you like. I've been using it for a couple years now and learn something new about it nearly every day.