Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003 Sending problems to Distrib. List

• Please log in to reply

MBART

MBART

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently switched from Outlook Express, to Outlook 2002 and then again to Outlook 2003. I started having problems back in Outlook Express.

I have a distribution list of about 125 names and when I send an email out I get a delivery error message from the Systems Administrator saying 550 5.7.1 <[email protected]>... Relaying denied

I can send out individual emails without incident.

I often send attachments if that is relevant.

Is my list to large? I think my settings are correct.

It would be a huge help to solve this problem. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
does it give you the error with ALL emails in the distrobution list? or just a select few from the list? you say you can send individuals...do you mean that you tried sending to the one's that the errors were reported for and they worked if sent by themselves?

what if you split the distrobution list in half and have distro1 and distro2 and send the mail to both lists....do you still get the error