Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mozilla 1.73 Freezes my pc on exit!

• Please log in to reply

groovemaster1

groovemaster1

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I have Mozilla 1.73 & Bon Echo. Sometimes when I'm finished with the internet & closed the apps, my mouse will get all slow and then nothing will work, evertthing freezes. This don't happen all the time but I realized that it mostly happens when I'm online for a long while.
I had mozilla since i bought the pc about 1yr now & recently installed bon echo. BUT, it started happening with mozilla first & now i tried bon echo (I have bon echo for about a month now) it works great, only today it froze on me. I have to reset whenever it happens. Ctrl-Alt-Del don't even work!!! I don't use IE, EVER!!! So i can't say if it happens with IE also.

What causes this? & how to stop it from happening!!

M7VIZ 8.0
XP PRO SP2
256MB PC2700RAM
Sempron 2400+
Geforce FX5200 AGP 8X
Cmedia 6ch pci sound
CNR modem

Mozilla 1.73, Bon Echo, IE6 SP2.

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Well I know that Mozilla released Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.2 and that you should install that and see if it works. To be safe, download this update from IE so that the possibility of Firefox freezing up your comp, and voiding the download doesn't happen.

Try updating and see what happens.

groovemaster1

groovemaster1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
There's this Java icon in Ctrl Pan. When I try to open it it freezes the pc I have to reset!!!
I lowered the cache to 5MB in both applications (it was 50MB), & it haven't freezed so far!

JavaTM 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment control panel freezes PC!!!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Have you tried reinstalling the runtime environment it might help.

groovemaster1

groovemaster1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I went to the sun java web site FAQ & the blank control panel display had to do with my antialiasing setting on my geforce fx5200. I turned it off but still couldn't get it to show. I downloaded the latest java & it still didn't work.
Anyways, I haven't had any BSOD since I lowered the cache size.