Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Corporate problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Ok, heres goes again with my norton problem. Even though I got this from a friend ITS NOT STOLEN OR PIRATED (I have the retail box). Corporate edition is meant to be installed on more than one machine (at work we have it installed on over 100 machines, this edition costs WAY more than regular NAV.), hence its corporate there is one main "server" and the others I guess would be called terminals.
Anyway, when my scan runs it shuts down on its own, for no reason whatsoever, it worked fine but now when the scan runs the dialog box that shows you the progress (what files its scanning) disappears. When I try to open the norton user control panel it wont open, but its still on the bottom right shows as its still running. When I check the event history it has no description as to why the scan was aborted. Any ideas? BTW, this happend after the last time I ran live update. Thanx,
-P.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i use norton corporate at work...it's NOT designed to be installed on multiple machines in the way you think it is..and having the box doesn't mean you own it....norton corporate is NON transferable and you have to purchase a seperate LICENSE for each machine it's used on..whether you use it on one..or use it on 2000 machines....where you got it from is irrellevant as YOU DON"T OWN IT therefore it's stolen because you didn't pay for it....it's owned by the company that bought it...or the person that bought it....either purchase your own antivirus program or continue to have these threads closed...it's up to you...

once again....unless you own the software or it was free then we can't help you here...if you have issues with this please pm a mod or an admin