Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I REALLY NEED SOME HELP WITH BATTLEFIELD 2 AND ~E5.0001

• Please log in to reply

SLH350

SLH350

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone. I just registered here cuz I think it's here i'll find the solutions to my nightmares. Ok I explain. I played BF2 for 2 months now and yesterday, I came back from school, started the computer, started battlefield 2, as usual. But the problem came after. I loaded a multiplayer game and when I clicked the join button, everything seemed fine but I couldn't move my mouse nor my keybord. I had to ctrl+alt+delete and then I saw this new thing in the taskmanager called ~e5.0001. I googled it and came across many forums, but there wasn't any clear way to get rid of it. So, here I am, asking for help.. I am really desesperate XD cuz I am badly addicted to BF2. Please everyone, I need help. :whistling:

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
~e5.0001 is a file used in the copy protection scheme developed by EA. Most new EA games have this file running while you play the game.

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
You should probably get any patches that might be out for it right now. If that doesn't work, uninstall the game, then reinstall it along with any patches that are out for it. This doesn't sound hardware related (though it could be), so I'm not able to help much beyond that.