Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

what is this?

• Please log in to reply

caillea

caillea

• Pip
  • 2 posts
For the past few days now when I start up my PC I get PrinTray.Dll not found
My question is what is it? How did I lost it? Do I need it and if so how do I get it back?The only thing I did @ that time was AVG:Regstry Mechanic: and VoptXP :
Thanks in advance

Advertisements

bmcpartland

bmcpartland

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I searched around and found some other people having a similar problem after installing/uninstalling a printer. It may not have completed successfully. If you have recently installed a new printer, uninstall it. If you've recently unistalled an old printer, try reinstalling it and then unistalling again.

If neither of these work you should be able to go into msconfig and do a selected startup. Click start - run - type msconfig - click the startup tab. Here you'll see everything that preloads when windows starts. I usually uncheck everything except my anti-virus, spyware/adware tool, and firewall software. If you're unsure of what something is do a search in google for it and you can usually find out. Or just post it on here and I can help you out.

And if you're running Windows 2000 Pro you'll need to download msconfig here: http://www.perfectdr...o/msconfig.html . For some reason they didn't include it. It'll be there for all other versions of windows however.

caillea

caillea

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks but my printer works fine as done so for months.. could this be my scanner just tried to install it with trouble at first?

bmcpartland

bmcpartland

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Yea, definitely could be your scanner. I'd try those steps and check out msconfig. That should at least fix the error you see when windows starts.