Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting 2 Computers To A Cluster

• Please log in to reply

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I want to connact 2 new computers together, so that I can combine their power. Does anybody know if this can be done??? PLZ HELP!!

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You need special software fro this. Heres some links.

http://today.java.ne...04/21/farm.html

http://www.extremete...,1815797,00.asp

http://www.extremeov...ess_Farm_1.html

Hope this helps.

SRX660

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Thanks for that, but what cables do I need, and will the processors combine so I can use all the power on just 1 computer?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It doesnt really work like that, its for large scale batch processing operations so if you need to due some encoding work then its allright way to do it or decode any genomes then you can do it that way, there is lots of info on the net if you would actually take the time to look.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I have lost all sound on my computer. I have restarted. Tirned speakers on and off. Checked system volume but they dont work What the [bleep] is going on?

On the other hand, I have just found out the cable plugging into the subwoofer had mysteriouly come loose. Hmmm, poltergheist?

Edited by Casheti, 01 May 2006 - 12:15 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
WHAT????

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I think a ghost unplugged my speaker cable. Woooo. WoooaaAAAAOOOOaaoaoooo. [Ghost Noise]

Edited by Casheti, 01 May 2006 - 12:39 PM.

The Colonel

The Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
OH NOES! Oh and by the way warriorscot, I would watch out. He has a scope on your head...NEVER THE LESS, COLONEL SANDERS WILL SAVE THE DAY!

JourneyMan

JourneyMan

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
What the...!?

You want to make a cluster then go get 4 years of collage and a degree in computer science....

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

What the...!?

You want to make a cluster then go get 4 years of collage and a degree in computer science....

Lol, Colonel, and when did I say I was goin to college. Or is that what you are saying I should do?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
*warriorscot feels very safe lving on a gill and actually knowing how to use a smiper rifle himself took out casheti a long time ago, Casheti just hasnt realised it yet.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
*Casheti faked his own death by wearing a bullet proof vest when he was shot, and acted out like he was shot and died.

Edited by Casheti, 03 May 2006 - 05:54 AM.

JourneyMan

JourneyMan

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Attached Thumbnails

• notfunni.jpg