Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

phpbb problem

• Please log in to reply

Ren

Ren

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
It might be easier if you have a look at my site. http://vgag.awardspace.com/

When trying to open the Continuous Word thread in Forum Games, IE returns "You are not authorized to view this page" and Firefox forwards you to some generic advertising page from my hosting company. It used to work, as you can see that there are a couple of posts there, but now noone can get in. Also, the same problem occurs if you try to Find All Posts by the member "Bugz"... :whistling:

I logged into the database that all the posts aso. Are stored on, and I can see them in there fine. Anyone seen this problem? Or more importantly, know how to fix it? :blink:

Advertisements

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Maby you need to chmod the folder games.? :whistling:

Ren

Ren

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
hehe sorry, what does chmod mean?

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Wait that wont work.

If its just that thread called games, then you might need to go on to your forums control panel, then delete the thread games and then make it again.

That might work. :whistling:

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
it's 3 (rarely 4) numbers that determine the access of a folder/file. you can determine who can view/modify(edit/delete...)/run a folder/file, though i'm not sure in which order. it looks like 777 or 657 or 567 or any combination of those 3 numbers (sometimes a 4 can appear but i forgot what it means). you can change them when you use your ftp device. you should wait for somebody who knows more than me to reply and follow his directions

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
it's 3 (rarely 4) numbers that determine the access of a folder/file. you can determine who can view/modify(edit/delete...)/run a folder/file, though i'm not sure in which order. it looks like 777 or 657 or 567 or any combination of those 3 numbers (sometimes a 4 can appear but i forgot what it means). you can change them when you use your ftp device. you should wait for somebody who knows more than me to reply and follow his directions

Ren

Ren

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Wait that wont work.

If its just that thread called games, then you might need to go on to your forums control panel, then delete the thread games and then make it again.

That might work. :whistling:

Yeah it might come to that but I was trying to avoid it..

Any ideas about the list of posts by Bugz?

Tankz101 your comments sound like they're on the mark. Unfortunately I know even less about that than you :help: :blink:

Thank you for your help so far!

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Ive had a look through your website and everything seems to be working fine. The posts bu bugz all works.

:whistling:

Ren

Ren

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Yeah cheers, I fixed the problems by restoring a backup that I had (unfortunately it was a week old, and the week was one in which the number of posts had quadrupled.. oh well).

Thanks everyone.